Wednesday 24 November 2010

❩❩ new bananas

seems a while back ~
it was my first blog where I shared my banana teabread recipe:
still a favourite and great for using up those over ripe fruits:
then I ate a piece of banana bread with dried fruits at a friends ....
so here's a yum alternative:

banana, apricot and sultana bread

you will need ....
75g apricots ~ chopped
{I used a ready-to-eat variety as they are softsoft}
75g sultanas
100g softened butter
125g caster sugar
3 ripe bananas ~ mashed
200g self raising flour
2 eggs ~ beaten
grated zest of a lemon
set your oven to 160°c/ gas 3:
line and grease a 1kg loaf tin:

cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy:
gradually add in the beaten egg, a little at a time:
stir in the mashed bananas, lemon zest and dried fruits: 
fold in the flour:
and pile into your prepared tin:
bake for 55 minutes:
test for doneness by pressing a skewer into the centre:
if it comes out clean ~ it's done!

cool in the tin for a while, then turn onto a 
cooling rack:

deliciously moist and some of your five a day:
keeps in a cake tin for 3-4 days:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! This looks so flavorful and so full of texture. The photos are beautiful -- this is my first visit to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!
    so glad to see you back and in a new home ^_*

    ReplyDelete

☺ thank you for taking the time to leave a comment ~ I might not always reply but they really are valued ☺