Friday 2 October 2015

** instagood

when there's windfalls 
the apple recipes come out
this recipe was kindly given to me
by an Instagrammer called
Tonelinrek, after I saw a photo of her bake:
she lives in Norway 
somewhere I really must visit
all that knitting and wonderful houses
and cake!

Nordic Apple Cake

you will need ....

150g plain flour
150g caster sugar
150g butter
a teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
sliced apples
a teaspoon ground cinnamon
a few teaspoons of demerara sugar

heat your oven to 180c/ gas 4
line & grease the bottom of a 20cm tin
mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl
{I also added a teaspoon of freshly ground 
cardamom because I love it}
rub in the butter until it looks like rubble
stir through the beaten eggs 
tip the dough into the prepared tin
then push the slices of apple into it
sprinkle the top with some cinnamon and demerara
then bake for 30 minutes until cooked through
Tonelinrek suggests eating it with vanilla icecream
or cream 

tusen takk
:-)





2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious - and might be just what I need when the nicotine cravings hit (although my full moon resolution has yet to take effect!)

    Reading how this blog came about (it begins here) it made me think how I wish I had noted my mother's amazing recipes. What I would give for some of those dishes now, and the sad thing is I don't have a clue about the ingredients she used. I think I'll be stealing some recipes from here though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Pen, steal away! maybe you have an Aunt or a distant relative that could help you re-imagine those recipes :-) baking is therapy and you get to eat a slice at the end: sharing the recipes and the results is a good thing x

    ReplyDelete

☺ thank you for taking the time to leave a comment ~ I might not always reply but they really are valued ☺